Thursday, June 16, 2016

Eataly is Italy

Anyone who knows me at all knows I love food.  I absolutely adore cooking and at one point was even considering going to culinary school!  And of all the food in the world to love, Italian food is my absolute favorite (Mexican food is a close second!).  So imagine my delight when I found out that we were taking a class trip to Eataly!  I've heard about this place through some of my favorite magazines like Bon Appetit and Food and Wine, but to experience it in person was amazing.

By the time we got there, all of us were starving so we immediately went to the second floor to order pasta.  I got a delicious fresh pasta dish with pomodoro (tomato) sauce and mozzarella.  I definitely was not expecting the dish that came to my seat, but it was incredible.

The whole ball of mozzarella was possibly the most delicious thing I have ever tasted.

Once dinner was done, I wandered around the store for a very long time, but I could have stayed for hours.  On the ground floor were fresh fruits and veggies, a bakery, chocolate, gelato, tea, and natural home goods.  Upon taking the escalator to the second floor, you found meat, eggs, fresh cheese, yogurt, and other assorted dairy products. 

This is the cheese case with fresh ricotta, burrata, mozzarella, and so much more.  HEAVEN!

The yogurt selection was crazy!  This is only about 1/4 of it and it all had fresh fruit.  Fun fact - European yogurt is much more runny than what we are used to back in the States.

The third and final floor had a crazy huge selection of wine, beer, and spirits, as well as an amazing view of the entire store.  Almost all multi-story buildings that I have gone to have escalators instead of stairs or elevators.

View from the top

Visiting Eataly was the perfect excuse for me to go crazy buying presents for everyone back home.  I wish there was some way I could bring back fresh pasta without it getting crushed!  After living and eating in Italy for a month, I'm not sure how I can go back to anything else!



No comments:

Post a Comment